Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bump Bound - Week 5

(Originally written 7/30/12)

I know it’s still very early in the pregnancy and everything I’ve read says that you may start to experience “mild” symptoms this week, but holy moly!  I would say that I’m definitely starting to experience some symptoms.  The “ladies” are so unbelievably sore.   They are sorest first thing in the morning and then again late at night.  Don’t get me wrong, they hurt like mad during the day but for some reason the morning is the worst.  I think I’m going to have to bust out the sports bra to sleep in tonight.   As it is, I have to cuddle my chest when I roll out of bed and go to the bathroom.…….Oh the bathroom.  That’s another thing I’ve noticed.  I never need to use the bathroom during the night but for the past few nights I wake up at least twice a night with a major urge to go.  I also counted the other day at work.  I went 6 times before noon!  SIX times!  I didn’t even drink anything.  Where is this pee coming from?  Seriously, I want to know.  Does anyone know?   If this is “mild” then watch out in the coming months!  I just may take up full-time residence at the pooper………Oh and that’s another symptom.  Holy butt cramps!    This is probably TMI but I have had the worst pressure in my butt.  Like the constant urge to “go” but I don’t really have to go, with massive bloating.  Apparently the pressure is a common symptom if you have a tilted uterus – which I do.  And I hear it only gets worse, so it sounds like this is a symptom that I better get used to.  Fabulous.  So if I make a constipated face while talking to you, just ignore it.  Its probably a butt cramp. LOL!

Cravings?  You wouldn’t think so but I usually get random cravings when I’m not pregnant so I’m not really surprised.  Well, I’m not surprised at the fact that I had a craving but I’m pretty surprised by what I was craving……It was like 1:00 in the morning and all of the sudden I was starving.  I mean, chew off my own hand off kind of starving.   I should preface this with the fact that a few nights earlier I had a dream that I went apple shopping with my mother-in-law.  Yes, apple shopping.  It was very important to pick out a handful of every kind of apple in the store.  That was it.  That was the entire dream.  A day of apple shopping.  Weird, I know!  So anyways, at 1:00 in the morning all I wanted was a Granny Smith Apple with some Carmel dip and some Lays Potato Chips.  Now if you know me at all, I don’t usually eat apples and I despise Lays Potato Chips.   I want something with “flavor” like Doritos or something…..At least, the non-pregnant me wants something with “flavor”.  The pregnant me was about to drive to the store to pick up some plain potato chips.   Luckily, we have a big box of Lays Potato chips in our pantry because we had already eaten all the good kinds in our lunches.  Score!  They may have expired last March but they should have a long shelf life right?  Maybe a little stale but they still tasted good!  As for the Granny Smith Apple with Caramel?  We didn’t have any and I was out of luck.  My husband said he would go to the store and pick some up but I told him that it was way too early in the pregnancy for him to be running out in the middle of the night to satisfy my cravings.  I’m sure there will be plenty of opportunities later on, but I SO appreciated his offer.  And of course, the next day he picked me up some Granny Smith Apples and Caramel dip to get me through my next weird craving.  Would you expect anything less from him?  He’s so amazing!



Yeah, yeah, I know that's not a Granny Smith Apple, but I ate them all.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment