Friday, October 19, 2012

A Weekend in San Fran & Sonoma

(Originally written 09/20/12)

Last weekend, my husband was in one of his best friends' weddings in Sonoma.  That meant a weekend trip to California for this couple.  Dang it!  Since the wedding wasn't until Sunday we decided to take an extra day and spend Friday tooling around San Francisco.  Neither of us had ever been there before so we were ready for an adventure.  Once we checked into our hotel our first stop was IN-N-OUT Burger.  As we sat in the restaurant enjoying our burgers and milkshakes (mmmm) a girl walked in and started dumpster diving right next to us.....IN THE RESTAURANT.  This was a first for us!  My husband had his back to her so he couldn't see what was going on.  Of course, this was something he must see so I urged him to turn around and gawk with me.  Right as he turns to look, the girl turns so her backside is facing us.  "GASP!!!"  His mouth drops to the floor and says "why'd you have me look at that?  That's disgusting!"  I sat there frozen, looking onward at the train wreck that was in front of me.  The girl had a giant hole in the ass of her pants and wasn't wearing underwear.  We thought we were just getting burgers.  Not burgers and a show.  It was hilarious!

We were both pleasantly surprised by San Francisco.  We didn't really know what to expect and we both thought it would be like a glorified Portland, but it sooo wasn't.  It was such a neat city!  Since we were only there for a day, we'd love to go back someday and do more exploring.

Oh and Sonoma was cool too but we were there for a wedding so we didn't do much exploring.  Plus, its all about wine and I couldn't drink so......We'll definitely have to go again! 

Although it looks like it was in a parking garage, it wasn't
We had to go to the store of giant candy! So exciting!

I was in heaven!

The Golden Gate Bridge in all its glory!
The view from Hyde Pier

Ghirardelli Square - Mmmm such great hot cocoa!


Alcatraz

He hates when I make him take solo pictures. Lol


When in San Fran, do as they do on Full House...You know you just started singing the theme song

Posing for the caricature I made him get - He's such a good sport!

My turn

It took the guy 10 minutes.  Pretty accurate depiction I'd say


Genius idea!

The creative sourdough store

Darci - They actually have an entire store for you!


More of the bridge

Headed to Sonoma

A beautiful winery in Sonoma..........But they were cooking ham in the gift shop that didn't smell so good........sooooo.....I may have left them a souvenir

Ian and the Groom

Deer at the rehearsal dinner

The groom and his groomsmen

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog, Em! And, congrats on the baby news! Perhaps next time you're in San Francisco you should call your cousin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki!!! I don't know why, but I had no idea that you lived in San Fran! Bummer. That would have been great to see you! I will of course, call you next time I'm there!!! I hope you're enjoying married life! :)

    ReplyDelete