Monday, October 15, 2012

Bump Bound - Week 10

(Originally written 09/01/12)


I keep talking about hormones, but wow!  They continue to amaze me.  How is it that these invisible emotion bubbles can wreak such havoc?   One minute I feel like myself, and the next, someone has awoken the beast.  Its crazy!   I thought my mall episode a few weeks ago was bad….Until yesterday.  I woke up not feeling well, with a migraine headache and hunger pains that wouldn’t quit.  Have you ever been nauseas and starving at the same time?  It’s a strange feeling.  All of the sudden I burst into tears.  Like inconsolable, couldn’t catch my breath, kind of tears.  Why?  Because I was hungry.  My feelings weren’t hurt.  The world hadn’t ended.  I was just hungry and nothing sounded good.  The one thing that did sound good was unattainable at that moment.  All I wanted was a Costco muffin and Costco was closed.  My husband came over to me and was like “what’s the matter?”  Trying to catch my breath I started laughing and crying all at the same time.  I knew why I was crying, and I knew how stupid it was.  It didn’t matter.  I couldn’t stop.  We both began laughing at the irrational meltdown I had just experienced and my husband was able to calm me down.  Aye, aye, aye.  At least we can laugh about it.

Food Aversions?  I would say so.  As you just read above, I’m having some major food aversions this week.  Nothing sounds good to eat.  My husband keeps trying to get me to eat protein and that’s the last thing I want.  When I do want to eat, all I want is carbs.  Carbs, and more carbs.  I know the baby needs some protein but yuck!  This week’s been a bit rough in the food department.  

Smells that I can’t stand this week?  Everything that has made me gag up until this point is still making me gag.   

New to the list?

Eggs.  The smell of eggs is terrible. 

Cantaloupe.  Ugh, just thinking about the smell makes me shiver.  We’ve had a great melon season this summer.  We’ve bought watermelon and cantaloupe pretty much every week, and it was delicious.  Well, not anymore!  My husband bought a cantaloupe and left it on the counter until he had time to cut it up.  I could smell it the minute I walked in the front door and it smelled sweet and sour at the same time.  Yuck.

Watermelon.  Same story as the cantaloupe.  We’ve eaten so much of it this summer that someone just has to mention watermelon and it grosses me out.  

My vitamins.  I’ve been taking the same prenatal vitamins for about two years now.  They have never bothered me…until this week.  Every morning when I go to take one out of the bottle, I gag.  Not to mention. They.  Are. Huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment