Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bump Found - Week 21

(Originally written 11/17/12)


Well Chris Brown is back this week.  What is up with that song?!?!    The lyrics are “Don’t wake me up,” so why do I keep waking up at 2:00am with that stupid song stuck in my head?  At least I had a few weeks reprieve.   Sigh. 

Speaking of sleep, I’m not getting much of it these days.  If it isn’t Mr. Brown waking me up, then its some other discomfort or crazy unsettling dream.   For real.  They’ve been pretty scary lately.  Maybe I should stop watching “Criminal Minds” and “I Almost Got Away with It” (SUCH GOOD SHOWS!) until after I give birth.

I think the baby likes country music.  Well, she either likes it or hates it.  I can’t be sure at this point, but every time I turn it on she starts kicking like crazy.  It might be because I have a tendency to sing along but we’ll pretend that’s not the reason she’s kicking.

I’m totally on a peppermint craze right now.  I went on a search for peppermint bark at Costco and they didn’t have it.  They have peppermint bark almost all year long but now that it’s the holiday season….There’s none to be found.   Dah!   A few days later I went to Bi-Mart for my mom and as I was walking through the candy isle, a little old lady stopped me and pointed out that Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark is the best.  That’s just creepy.  How did she know I’ve been on a week long hunt for bark?!?!   She looked like Mrs. Claus, no joke, so maybe……….Just maybe…….

This week is Thanksgiving.  We have a LOT to be thankful for this year!  Great family, friends, health, and especially for the little grasshopper growing rapidly inside my belly and making me itch like mad.  I wanted to make a shirt that had an arrow pointing to my belly that said “This is what I’m thankful for,” but I ran out of time. Oh well. L

2 comments:

  1. A blog that I follow just posted a recipe for homemade peppermint bark, in case you feel like baking :)
    http://domestocrat.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/recipe-peppermint-bark/

    ReplyDelete