Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bump Found - Week 18

(Originally written 10/27/12)  Almost caught up!


We made huge strides on the nursery this week! I designed and cut out stencils for all 26 letters of the alphabet.  To my disappointment, due to the noise, and the dust, and the general un-safeness of using power tools while pregnant, I was banned from the actual cutting process.  I hate asking people for help.  I’m actually quite terrible at it.  If there were a metal for stubborn independentness, I would take gold for sure.  Alas, I realized I can’t do everything so I asked my husband if he would mind cutting out at least 5 letters per week until the project was complete.  After about two hours he comes inside with a huge stack of letters.  “All done!”  He says.  They look amazing!!!  He’s a rockstar! Now I just have to paint them.  Maybe I’ll continue my progress of asking for help and have a painting party?  Who’s in?




Cravings?  COFFEE!!!  I can’t get enough of it.  And I don’t mind if its decaf.  I don’t even want the caffeine.  I just want the coffee flavor and the warmness.  Mmmmm.  I also had a weird prego craving.  I wanted Macaroni & Cheese with a side of Dill Pickle.  It was delicious!  It gave me wicked indigestion though so I don’t know if there will be a sequel. 

Showing?  I finally had someone ask when my due date was!  Hooray!!!  Then a few days later I had my first run-in with a belly toucher.  It was okay, since I knew her.  Secretly, it made me giddy!  I really don’t mind if people touch my stomach.  At least not people I know.  I’m not sure how I’ll feel when a stranger touches me.  But for now, its exciting because that means I actually LOOK pregnant rather than people wondering if I’ve dipped into the cookie jar a few too many times....Which I have.  But that's not the point.

I’m still on the hunt for some cute and comfortable flats.  My hips hurt so badly after just one hour of shopping that I finally broke down and went to the orthopedic shoe store…..And bought……….Dansko’s.  It wasn’t without some protest.  First I tried the clog-style.  I looked in the mirror and saw a garden gnome staring back at me so I quickly put those back in the box where they belonged.  I DID find some cuter more tolerable Mary-Jane style ones so I tried those and I must admit, they were pretty dang comfy.  I get why people like Dansko’s.  I just don’t know if I can do it.  They ended up going home with me but I’m not sure if they’ll stay there.  Stay tuned…….




No comments:

Post a Comment