Monday, December 17, 2012

Bump Found - Week 24


6 MONTHS!!!

Uterus is the size of a SOCCER BALL!  No wonder it looks like I swallowed one!


I’ve discovered what it feels like to be an awkward puppy.  You know, when their body is changing and they are tripping all over themselves?  Yep, that’s me!  I’m a total klutz these days!  AND my hands have turned to butter.  Its really a cruel joke.  Its getting harder and harder to bend over, yet I drop everything so I HAVE to bend over.   What is that about?  And you guys…..I totally ate ish this week!  Luckily it was in the privacy of my own bedroom but still, not cool!   I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed when stinky Albert started his horking noise like he was going to spew.  Rather than staying on the vinyl floor, he starts running towards the bedroom carpet.  Why do animals feel the need to puke on carpet rather than hard floors?!?!  I start to run after him in a bent position trying to grab onto him when all of the sudden I feel gravity set in.  “UH OHHHHHH, I’m going DOWN!!!!”  I shielded my belly and fell onto my knee and shoulder giving myself a nice rug rash.  Carrying extra weight sure makes you hit the ground a lot harder!  AND its that much more difficult to get back up.  My husband said I looked like a beetle stuck on its back.  LOL!!!  Don’t worry, the baby’s okay.  The only thing hurt was my pride, and maybe my knee. 

I had my 6 month check-up this week.  Baby B is right on track with a heart rate of 137.  I’m measuring right on track as well and weighed in exactly at the 20 pound mark.  YIKES!  I also had my glucose and anemia tests at this appointment but the results won’t be in until next week.  Fingers crossed they’re both negative!

Sleep?  She’s definitely taking after her daddy in this department and has become somewhat of a night owl.  Around 2:00 AM she starts kicking like crazy and wakes me up from a dead sleep.  Sometimes she settles down on her own and other times its not until I hike my happy unhappy butt downstairs for a bowl of cereal with strawberries.  Then she’s a happy camper and lets me go back to sleep.
  
Stretch Marks?  None on the belly yet…..

Best moment of the week?  Hearing her heartbeat again and making progress on the nursery!

Movement?  She’s kicking hard enough now that I can see my belly moving.  What a strange thing to see!  She’s also starting to move in ways that tickles…A LOT.  I sometimes find myself laughing out loud and wiggling to get her to stop.
  
Belly button in or out?  Flat as a pancake!  How weird to be able to see the inside of it without even trying.  

Current Mood?  So happy I could burst! 


No comments:

Post a Comment