Wednesday, October 14, 2015

WEEK 36

I have been a fire breathing dragon the past few days.  Like indigestion 24/7 and nothing helps! I kept thinking I was out of the woods of having bad indigestion because it hadn't reared its ugly head yet, but it's here now....and it blows! I get it when I don't eat and I get it when I do.  It's just there. All. The. Time!  I hope this means that baby girl's going to have a full head of hair like little miss Kenzoid did!


And for fun, here is a comparison of my 36 week preggy pics! It's nice to see that my face isn't so fat this time around! hahaha





Any Cravings?  Honeycrisp apples and donuts. Not together but that doesn't sound too bad either.  Even Kensie has jumped on the donut train.  Just the other day she said "Mama, I want a pink donut.  We probably should go buy one".  Umm okay kiddo. If you insist.

Weight Gain? Up 35lbs

Maternity Clothes?  I have very few items that still cover my belly.  Good thing there's only 3 more weeks left, otherwise I might be wearing a bathrobe.

Movement?  So much movement!  Baby girl is so cramped in there that you can actually see her body parts protruding out of my stomach.  I looked in the mirror the other day and I literally saw her knee cap. 

How are you feeling? Honestly, pretty miserable.  I was put on temporary bed rest this week, so that was interesting.  I've been having some lower abdomen pain on and off for several weeks now, but the other day it got really intense.  Luckily it was during Kensie's nap time so I was able to lie down for a while and it went away.  However, the next morning the pain returned and it was worse than ever.  It got so bad that I could barely stand and I had to call Ian home from work.  Any weight on my right foot would send me to tears.  I called the doctor and he wanted me to come in and get checked out.  It turns out that my right round ligament that attaches the uterus to the pelvis has stretched to capacity and is now starting to tear.  Luckily it isn't affecting the baby in any way.  However, as you can imagine it's extremely painful and my doctor wants to avoid further damage, so for a few days following the appointment he told me to stay off my feet.  Luckily this happened on a Friday so I had Ian home to help care for Kensie.  Our wonderful neighbor also came to the rescue in caring for Kens while Ian had a quick trip to Chicago.  She has been such a blessing!!  After about three days of basically doing nothing but sitting/laying down, I'm feeling much much better.  I got a belly sling to help support the baby's weight and that also seems to be helping.  I still have to be conscientious about keeping off my feet as much as possible, not lifting Kens, and resting when I feel the pain coming on, which is easier said than done, but I'm feeling a million times better.  I'm pretty ready for this little girl to come out though. 

Stretch marks?  Uh huh. The doctor said we're having another "big one".  He's guessing that the baby is over 7lbs now and will probably weigh top 8's or low 9's when she's born.  No wonder my skin is stretched to the max!

Best moment of the week?  Our sweet neighbors threw us a neighborhood baby shower/potluck.  This is actually the best and saddest moment of the week.  Unfortunately, the shower was the same day that I had to go to the doctor for all of my pain.  I had been crying all day and was still in so much pain that I was unable to attend the shower.  Luckily Ian and Kens went and had a great time but I was so sad that I wasn't able to go.  I'd been looking forward to it for weeks.  It was so sweet and generous of our neighborhood.  Everyone here is so wonderful.  We're really blessed to live in a community surrounded by such caring people.



 
Sleep? Sleep is still good while I'm asleep.  However, I'm waking up every two hours or so with aches and pains and need to get up and walk around.  Usually a quick trip to the bathroom does the trick and I can get another two hours of sleep.  I think my body is just getting geared up for feedings every two hours.


Miss anything? I've never craved booze before but I really could use an ice cold margarita! Or some Cupcake Moscato wine.  Mmmmm  I guess you crave booze when you are the size of a whale running around chasing after a two year old! HA!

Belly button in or out? Can you say "gross, discolored, alien nub?"

Wedding rings on or off?  The time has come this week that I've had to remove my rings.  Sad day! They still fit fine until I try to take them off.  Then there's no budging them.  So to be safe, I have removed them until after D-day!

Current mood? Extremely happy, but getting anxious, nervous, terrified, etc...You name an emotion, I'm sure I've experienced it today.  I've been told that I'm also quite irritable.  I haven't noticed it, but someone that I live with may have hinted that I am.  Sorry babe! :)

In other news.....Kensie is still cracking us up on the daily.  Her word this week has been "probably" and she is definitely getting some good use out of it.  Aside from her desire to get a donut, here is our favorite conversation this week:

Me:  "Oh no!  Look Ian, someone scratched our car door."
Kensie:  "Oh nooooo!  We probably should get a new car daddy."
Ian:  "WHAT?!"
Me:  "I swear I didn't teach her that!"



Loving her gift from Aunt Katy, Uncle Tom, and Cousin Lex
Going for a ride in the cow train at Oktoberfest
Enjoying a nice October night in the backyard




No comments:

Post a Comment