Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gray is here to stay!

I love gray!  Pretty much every color combination with gray is fantastic. Gray and yellow?  One of my favorites!  Gray and pink?  Of course.  Gray and red?  For sure!   Its a neutral color without being too neutral.  AKA boring.  I don't know what it is about this little shade that makes everything look a bit more sophisticated, but I'm happy to see that it's finally starting to catch on.  For the past two years, its been difficult to find any gray textiles or furniture.  I would go shopping and there would be no gray to be found.  Finally, about a year ago during one of my many trips to Lazy-Boy.....It's true.  One of my weaknesses is to visit the furniture and fabric swatches. They know me by name now. Nerd alert.  I know!....Anyways, the designer said that by summer 2012, gray patterned upholstery should start to show its face and retailers would start to catch on.  I just needed to be patient for a year or so.  It was on the horizon.

Finally, its now summer of 2012 and guess what?  Gray seems to be popping up everywhere.  Even Ikea is on board with their new Gray-Brown Collection!

Espresso has been sidelined.  Gray-brown is pulling ahead. Next time you aren't sure what color to go with, as a base or even an accent, I urge you to give gray a try.  Its classic, yet contemporary.  Modern, yet traditional.  Where we live, most people think that gray = gloomy.  When you look outside, you're right.  However, there are so many different shades of gray to choose from.  It goes with almost everything, and if done right, can give even the gloomiest room a cheery makeover.  

HEMNES Desk with add-on unit IKEA Adjustable middle shelf is easy to adjust to make room for a computer monitor or to create extra storage.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99892233/
HEMNES 8-drawer dresser IKEA Solid wood, a hardwearing natural material. Adapted for GARNITYR box set of 7 - keeps cabinets and drawers organized.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90192047/






No comments:

Post a Comment