Friday, October 12, 2012

Bump Bound - Week 7

(Originally written 08/11/12)

Raging hormones while pregnant is an understatement!   I know hormones are a necessary part of growing a healthy baby but good lord!  Never in my wildest dreams did I think they would be this rampant.  I feel like a lunatic. 

I think the biggest hormone surge I had this week was when I “lost” my husband at the mall and completely freaked out.  We were at Nordstrom’s so I could return an item at the make-up counter.  My husband swears he tapped me on the shoulder and told me he’d be “right over there” but I didn’t hear nor feel anything.  All of the sudden, I looked over my shoulder and he was gone.  I circled Nordstrom’s a couple of times (which isn’t that big) and called him five times on his cell phone.  FIVE times!  Yeah, lunatic alert.  But he was nowhere to be found.   I remembered him saying something about the new Starbucks so I left the store and looked over there.  Nope.  He wasn’t there either.  I went back to Nordstrom’s and sent him a frantic text.  At this point, I don’t know what I was thinking but I was in Full. Panic. Mode.  I mean, bat-shit crazy!   I knew getting worked up was completely irrational but it didn’t matter.  My imagination was in full gear.   I wondered if I did something to make him mad and he’d left me at the mall.  Something I might add, he would NEVER do, but it crossed my mind anyways.  I tried to remember what he was wearing in case he’d been abducted but I couldn’t for the life of me remember what color shirt he was wearing, which made it even worse.  It was literally nuts.  Really?  Someone abducted a grown man at Nordstrom’s and no one saw anything?  Then I got even madder because I knew how stupid it was that these thoughts were running through my mind.   Finally, I caught his reflection in a mirror!  Phew!  I walked up to him steaming mad yet at the same time so relieved.  I started yelling and crying all at the same time.  It. Was. Ridiculous! 

I also must note that our best friends noticed my irritability too.  We went over to their house to help them finish their nursery and I was having a VERY moody day.  They still don't know I'm pregnant and it was to the point where they were like “this is odd.  Usually we’re the ones bickering.  Its like we’ve switched places.”   Once they said that, I knew I was bad.  My poor husband.  Hopefully the crazy lady inside of me disappears in the coming weeks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment